I made so many cards within the last days, that I want to post a couple of them, otherwise I will be always delayed. So this is going to be a long posting. There are lots of unused stamps (shame on me), so I finally wanted to use one of the adorable stamps designed by the very talented Elisabeth Bell. This first card I did for my Mum's Birthday, which was yesterday. We all had dinner together and enjoyed everybody's company. It was wonderful. Fortunately my Mum liked my Sister's card and mine very much. She said that she received already sooo many cards from us, that she has to start a new binder to file them all. *lol*

And this card I did with no special reason, so I still don't know who's going to be the lucky recipient. ;-) Herefore I have used my new punches. One is from Martha Stewart called "Deep Edger Flower Bed" which is a HUGE stamp and the other one is from EK Success called "Whale of a Punch - Photo Corner Fancy".

This last card that I would like to show you for today means a lot to me... One of my two uncle's (brother of my Mum) who live in Australia, passed away on January 5th. We all are still very sad and I know that only time will heal the pain. As far as i am concerned I had the desire to make a card that I am dedicating to my beloved uncle. When my husband and I got married, we used this poem, which is one of my favourite and is giving me a lot of consolation these days.

Footprints in the Sand by Margret Fishback Powers
One night a man had a dream.
He dreamt he was walking with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes of his life.
For each scene, he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand; one belonged to him,
and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there
was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it had
happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered the man and he questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during
the most troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why,
when I needed you most, you would leave me."
The Lord replied,
"My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."
Pati






9 Kommentare:
Meine gelibte Pati , DANKE ! nicht nur für die wunderschöne geburtstags-Karten (von Dir und Ranita ) und die super Lustigen Abend ...Das was mir zum weinen gebracht hat ... waren Deine Kartewidmung für Tio Noé und das Poem , es brachte mir so viele schöne erinerung !! Gracias Hijita .Les amo tanto
Mamita
Wow Sister...du warst ja richtig fleissig :-) und dabei ist eine Karte schöner als die andere. Echt traumhaft deine Werke. Bin echt mega stolz auf dich, wie sehr du dich immer wieder weiter entwickelst...und wenn ich denke es geht nicht noch schöner, dann beweist du mir das Gegenteil.
Hammmmmer :-)
Besos
Ranita
Oh Pati...was für wunderschöne Karten! ich kann mich gar nicht entscheiden welche mir am besten gefällt!!!
Wunderschön finde ich aber auch deine Worte für die Karte, die als Trauerkarte für dienen Onkel gedacht in Australien gedacht ist!!! Ich kenne den Spruch zwar, aber finde ihn immer wieder schön!!!
Deine neuen punches sehen ja auch toll aus!!
Und deine Mutter kann sich über zwei so talentierte Mädels und ganz wunderschöne karten freuen!! =)
LG
Martina
Pati!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all 3 of your cards! You've been a busy girl! :) That's so funny, because the top 2 cards that you posted, I just bought those stamps a few weeks ago! :) They're so beautiful! And I love the poem that you posted, I remember hearing it growing up, and it's always touched me deeply ... something we all should remember when times get tough. :)
Thank you for always visiting me on my blog and posting the sweetest comments. :) I can't wait to see your Anya card! I know it will be so lovely like all the cards you create! :)
Big Hugs,
Elise
Liebi Pati
Dini Charte sind traumhaft, würkli eini schöner wie die anderi, ich bin begeischteret!!! Du hesch die Stempel genial coloriert und in Szene gsetzt, alli drü Charte sind eifach perfekt - Hut ab!!!
S'letschte Engeli vo WoJ stoht au no uf minere Wunschlischte...
Dä Text bzw. d'Gschicht "Spuren im Sand" bedüütet mir au viel, so schön, dass du än uf dim Blog postet hesch!!!
Ich umarm dich lieb, bis bald
Monika
Tolle Karten
Hallo Pati,
herzlichen Dank für deinen lieben Eintrag, ich habe mich sehr darüber gefreut ;o)
Deine Karten sind ja große Klasse!
Die Motive sind alle zum klauen süß und wundervoll von dir coloriert.
Liebe Grüße
Swaani
Pati, WOW, you have been busy. I love all the three cards. I don't know which I like best. They are equally beautiful. I like the soft colours you used and the clean look of your cards. Your layouts are terrific.
Ooh, it's so wonderful that your mother and sister are fellow crafters too. My own sister loves to do crafts, but she doesn't have much time.
Hugs.
Norma
da hast du wieder einmal ein paar ganz wunderbare karten gebastelt!
Kommentar veröffentlichen